Monday, June 16, 2008

Natalie's First Shots

Okay, so no one told me how hard it would be to watch my daughter cry so hard her face turned dark red! Natalie had her two month "well child" check up today and got her first immunizations - drops in her mouth and three shots in her legs. She did great with the drops, but once that first needle got stuck in her little leg she started crying like I've never heard before! Then there were two more after that and the third one was the one that stung the worst! It was so hard I couldn't even watch them poke her.


The most amazing part though was when she was done and I could pick her up and give her a hug, she quieted down almost the second I picked her up. Right now she is sleeping and seems to be doing fine. I guess next time I'll be prepared!


On a little happier note, she got measured again and has grown (obviously!) since the last time we went to the doctor:


Head circumference: 15 1/2" (66%)

Length: 24 1/2" (98%)

Weight: 13 lb. 9 oz. (97%)
Our exhausted little girl :(

2 comments:

The Three 22nds said...

oh you first time moms :)

I never had a problem with it. I guess I am hard hearted (and a nurse!). Good thing Noah never took our kids- I am pretty sure it would have been tougher on him!

Beth said...

Hey - I wasn't there for Hope's first shots, but remember our first appt. home? FIVE HOURS of TORTURE at the clinic! It took 4 of us to hold her down that afternoon. I can tell you it gets better though. I took her on the 4th and held her myself for her 2yr. appt. She had 3 shots. She still was scared and cried, but it didn't last long.