Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yet Another Doctor Visit!

I went to another Doctor appointment last night as a follow-up to my ultrasound and received different information than what the ultrasound tech gave us.

Although I am measuring 38 weeks and 3 days and the baby is already at 7 1/2 lbs., our doctor said that he would like to keep our due date the same (April 14th). The reason for this is that if the baby is big (he said the ultrasound could be off by a pound either way) that it wouldn't be good to induce me and try to push her out if she's a huge baby. So if she's 7 1/2 lbs. now (+/- 1 lb.) and gains 1/2 lb. per week, she could weigh anywhere between 8 1/2 - 10 1/2 lbs. when she's born!

He also said that he would like me to have another ultrasound around my due date (if she's not born yet!). If she is more than 5000 grams (10 1/2 lbs.), he will want to do a C-section. However, if she's under that he would like to have me try to have her the normal way.

We will definitely keep you all updated and let you know when she finally arrives!

- Melissa

1 comment:

Beth said...

MY GOODNESS DEAR MAMA! For sure keep in touch. Little Natalie isn't even here yet and she's already got you guessing. :) Amazing the tricks they pull. :)