Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday's in the 90s!

Today, when I woke up, we had blueberry pancakes. They were yummy! After breakfast we made sandwiches and I packed some "couples" (Mommy says they're called "pickles", but what does she know?). Connie had to work, so Daddy, Mommy, and I got in the car. They told me that we were going somewhere that had a bunch of animals, but I really didn't understand until we arrived at...THE ZOO! I thought I would impress them, so I decided to say "zoo" and their faces lit up with delight. I sure know know how to make them happy!

Our time at the zoo started off with about 15 minutes of Mommy and me being sprayed with stuff so that we wouldn't get burned by the "shun" (Oh, that's right...you big people call it "sun", don't you?).

The first animals we saw were ducks and turtles. I would have been happy staying there watching them, but Mommy and Daddy made me go see the elephants. I had never seen a real one before, and today I got to see TWO! By the way, I think that's my favorite word - "two". I'm always pointing out things that there are two of - dogs, bones, cups, anything I find. Maybe it's because I will be two next week???
Don't you think this elephant is cute? He turned around just in time for Daddy to take the picture.

These monkeys are cute, too. We saw lots of different kinds of monkeys - black, brown, white, big, little. We even saw a little baby monkey!

Luckily for those of you who are afraid of reptiles, Daddy took this picture at an angel where you can't see any animals. Did you know that the this zoo has a whole building filled with snakes, lizards, turtles and frogs?! I loved it in there. Expecially because I was out of the sun.

Do you want to know what I was thinking while Mommy was taking this picture? Too bad! She wanted to know too, but I wouldn't tell her. What do you think I am looking at?

These are Toco Toucans. They were fun to watch because they started fighting with their beaks when we walked up. Can you guess what I said when I saw them? That's right! TWO!
You know the Gorilla statue at Como Zoo, and the Turtle at the Minnesota Zoo? This zoo had a bear! I really wanted to stand, but Daddy said it wasn't safe. Thanks Daddy for making sure we didn't have to take a trip to the hospital this week!

At this zoo, they have farm animals! The goats really loved to be pet, and the chickens and roosters were saying "do-do-do"!

We left the zoo and went to a picnic area to have our sandwiches and "couples". Here's a picture of me and Daddy going for a short walk.
I can't believe how nice it is here! The man on the TV this morning said that the high was going to be 91 degrees! I'm sure glad Connie has air conditioning!

You know how much I love to give hugs and kisses, right? Well, Connie's dogs and cats are getting lots of them from me. This is Aaron - he's a black lab and he's really fun!

Remember this duck from last Christmas? Connie still had it! "Cuckies" are my favorite!

This is Olive. She doesn't have a tail (like me). Olive is such a sweet kitty.

My mommy told me that when she was little, she used to read books in dog kennels. I thought I would give it a try. Guess what?! It is fun! I played in this kennel tonight while Connie was teaching a dog class. It's just like being in a "tet" - Daddy and Mommy say that it's "tent", but that's too hard for me to say.

I can't wait to let you know what we do tomorrow. I think we're going to a battleground from the Revolutionary War. I don't know what that is, but they told me that there will be lots of space to run around so it sounds like it will be lots of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, you get first place on writing the cutest blog in the world. It helps that the subject matter is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Natalie - Tell your mama and dada hi from Nana Kim. I'm so glad to hear you're having such a fun time. I can't wait to hear about your Wednesday. xoxo See you in 2 days - hey, there's another 2!!

Anonymous said...

Natalie - Tell your mama and dada hi from Nana Kim. I'm so glad to hear you're having such a fun time. I can't wait to hear about your Wednesday. xoxo See you in 2 days - hey, there's another 2!!