Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Year of Blessings

I have been attending a new church since about May. As much as I loved my former church, I needed an earlier service to attend, so I decided to visit the church that my cousin was going to be getting baptized at this summer. The first time I visited, I was hooked. The music, the kids' area, the sermon, the people - everything was what I had been missing.

I feel that I have grown so much in the past 6 months - more than I have since high school. God has been working in me to see the positive in all situations (though I admit I haven't done so 100% of the time, it has been an improvement from my former attitude).

God has been working in my life to help me get out of my comfort zone. I have attended a class to help form a small group for Adam and myself to join. Since this class ended, we have formed a small group that will satisfy my desire to connect with people at church, but also to grow spiritually.

Because Adam works weekends and is unable to attend church on either Saturday or Sunday, it was important to us that we find a group that could meet on the days he is available. Adam has even been able to use his leadership skills to put together a whole Bible study on the sovereignty of God. We did the first lesson last night and I was amazed at how well it went. We had great discussion and can't wait to meet again to go over more of the questions/verses that are left.

All of this to say that God has been blessing us this year - beyond what we could even have imagined. We've had our struggles (physically, financially, marriage, etc.), but with the support of family, the encouragement of meeting new friends, and focusing on God's promises for us, we have sustained no damage and have grown immensely from these experiences.

No comments: