Monday, December 10, 2012

Stress-free Season?

This season has always been a stressful time for me. From Thanksgiving to New Year's offers times to get together with family and friends. Yet in these times of hanging out with loved ones, I am still able to find things to get me overwhelmed: food preparations, gift purchases and wrapping, travel time and making sure to pack enough things to keep a child busy while on the road and at the location, plus many other things.

This year however, I have made the decision to simplify. Fewer presents, not as much food, and fewer time commitments. Even though I still feel a little bit overwhelmed, I'm feeling that this was a step in the right direction. I believe that next year I will be a step closer to feeling more at peace with making the right decisions than at war with my own desires to please everyone.

Because, when I think about it, all of those things that pull at my attention are really just taking attention off of the real reason we celebrate Christmas - our SAVIOR was born this time of year. Let's focus on Him and and worry about pleasing only Him.

Merry Christmas!




No comments: